Everyday during group time, we have been using these awesome daily affirmation cards and empowerment cards that Teacher Linette got for the sea otter classroom. They are positive statements and phrases for the children to say as well as different body movements. This helps build their self esteem and confidence, while supporting their language development. These are some of the cards we have done this week! The children truly enjoy doing these everyday!
Saturday, May 1, 2021
Monday, April 19, 2021
The children in the Sea Turtle Classroom have been learning about all things that FLY! This week, we have turned our attention towards airplanes, airports, and places. Teacher Andrea brought in a special guest expert, KJ, who is a flight attendant and currently studying to be a pilot! KJ so kindly showed us videos and photos of the airplane she works on, and answered all of the children's curious questions. Thank you so much KJ for Zoom-calling our classroom today.
- Does the plane have an engine? (Hudson)
- How many passengers fit on the plane? (Hudson)
- What kind of doors does the airplane have? Not like house doors. (Jelani)
- Do the pilots take turns flying the plane? Can they sleep there? (Hudson)
- What if both the pilots need a break? (Kaidha)
- Where do you fly? Do you just go to the airport? (Jelani)
- Can you eat on the plane? What do the pilots eat? (Elias)
- Do you fly to Disneyland? (Liana)
- Do you hang out with passengers? (Hudson)
- Do you fly to San Francisco? Where do you sleep if you're in a new city? (Andrea)