Marble Tracks
The children have been so excited to use the marble tracks at the manipulative table this week! They made curious observations as they played alongside each other and built their own creations:
Lena: Oh! It's going to fall down. Is there a tiny piece I can add here to make it stronger? Hm.. here's one! It fits!
Sean Matty: What happens when you add this part? Haha, the marble rolls onto the floor! You can do it three ways: here, here, and here. One of them is the wrong way. Try it!
Colin: I did it! Oh, thats why. You have to connect it right here, see? Ready, watch!
Benoit: Teacher, look. This part is blocked. How can I make the marble go down this way?
Eloisa: I can show you how to do it. First you put a piece here, then you add this one here see. Then you roll it down! Ahh! It worked!
Kennedy: I caught my marble before it rolled onto the floor. Okay lets see what this does. Wow, Ellie! The marble might fall on the floor that way. Try it like this...
Lena: Oh! It's going to fall down. Is there a tiny piece I can add here to make it stronger? Hm.. here's one! It fits!
Sean Matty: What happens when you add this part? Haha, the marble rolls onto the floor! You can do it three ways: here, here, and here. One of them is the wrong way. Try it!
Colin: I did it! Oh, thats why. You have to connect it right here, see? Ready, watch!
Benoit: Teacher, look. This part is blocked. How can I make the marble go down this way?
Eloisa: I can show you how to do it. First you put a piece here, then you add this one here see. Then you roll it down! Ahh! It worked!
Kennedy: I caught my marble before it rolled onto the floor. Okay lets see what this does. Wow, Ellie! The marble might fall on the floor that way. Try it like this...